Here is our list of frequently asked questions:
1. How do I get to Salesianum?
Click this link for directions.
2. Where should I park?
We'd suggest that you park in the lot nearest to gymnasium immediately off the Broom Street entrance. If you have mobility issues, we recommend that you park at the rear of the school nearest "A" stairway: an elevator there eliminates the need to use any stairs.
3. What should I do when I arrive?
If you parked along the gymnasium, make your way to the main entrance. Once through the front doors, find the appropriate registration table in auditorium lobby (main floor) according to your last name. Then, proceed to the dining center on the basement level: enjoy a light continental breakfast, relax, connect with friends, meet new people and maybe even do a little browsing/shopping with the religious goods vendors before the opening prayer service beginning at 9:00 AM in Centenary Hall. If you are making S.A.C.R.E.D. into a more personal retreat with God you can go straight to Centenary Hall after getting a little breakfast in order to spend some extra quiet time in front of the Most Blessed Sacrament. Prayerful meditative resources and reading materials will be provided to help you make the most of this time if you do not have a personal spiritual exercise in mind.
4. What is the schedule?
- Sign in and SACRED materials in the Lobby / breakfast and coffee in the Dining Center: 8:00 AM - 8:55 AM
- Morning Prayer and General Welcome in Centenary Hall: 9:00 AM - 9:35 AM
- Session One: 9:45 AM - 11:45 AM
- Hot Lunch: 11:45 AM - 12:45 PM
- Reconciliation: 11:45 AM - 12:15 PM
- Session Two: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Wine and Cheese Social: 4:00 PM
5. What will I experience at SACRED?
- A refreshingly practical, down-to-earth appreciation of the Catholic, Christian tradition as seen through the lens of Salesian Spirituality
- A sharing of faith, food and fellowship
- Spiritual/religious art, books and other resources available from Embraced by God (the exclusive retailer of the inspired work of Oblate artist Bro. Michael McGrath, OSFS).
6. After I register, what do I need to do?
- You can pay online, if you have not already done so, by clicking below.
- After submitting your registration form and your PayPal Receipt you should expect to receive a registration confirmation (electronically only if you provided an email address.
- If you experience any difficulty with the process email Tom Vresics at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. How can I support Oblate Ministries?
- The most important way to support the Oblates is to pray for them as they minister in schools, parishes and other specialized ministries in the Church as they share the optimistic yet practical spirituality of Saint Francis de Sales and Saint Jane de Chantal for our times.
- Log on to the Oblates of Saint Francis de Sales website at www.oblates.org.
- Read the offerings listed under the Spirituality tab like the Sunday Salesian or Salesian Perspectives.
- Attend as many Oblate sponsored events as you can and encourage your friends to come along. .